Monday, February 8, 2010

On Dieting

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." - Author Unknown

That quote above is talking about me I suppose. Just how hard is it to diet? For someone like me who loves food, it takes tons of discipline and will power to manage my food intake. I am a rice person and I love chocolate cakes. I cannot resist them once they are in front of me.

Like I always say working out at the gym is no problem with me. I make time for it, squeeze it in my schedule whenever tasks get tight. But it's the dieting that hampers my weight loss program plus the fact that I can't control eating during PMS.

I was able to shed off some pounds last January. I was really happy about it. I was still short from my target weight but I can adjust for February. It's only a matter of three pounds. February came and it seems I gained two pounds. Ha! But I am determined to still achieve my weight goal for this month.

I want to be totally committed to my diet that is why I am publishing it here...and everywhere. It's in my planner, it's in my phone's notepad, it's in my computer.

Let me motivate myself by accounting what I have been doing good consistently for about two weeks now.
1.  Just 1/2 cup of rice in a day, one cup max.
2.  No heavy meal during the night.
3.  Breakfast is light - coffee or milk (bone strengthening variant), a bread with half sunny side-up or just one hardboiled egg.
4.  Lunch is either banana, tuna sandwich or crackers.
5.  Crackers as afternoon snack.

I noticed that I get easily full when I started my diet. It's like my tummy can only contain certain amount of food unlike before that I can easily devour two cups of rice in one sitting. I should be happy about this I believe.

I should discipline myself from the following:
1.  Eating potato chips and chocolate cookies on some days.
2.  Procrastinating on including more fiber in my diet - oats, fruits!

To further support my diet program I will do the following:
1.  Religiously record my daily diet. I have checked a diet spreadsheet already and will adapt it.
2.  Read journals about successful diet management.
3.  Visualize myself in my ideal weight.

Next time I will be discussing my BMI and fat mass. I should be nearing my ideal range towards the end of the third quarter of this year. I will be chronicling here my fitness goals and achievements. I really need to do this. I want a healthy and fit body. I want to be true to my commitment to myself.

So help me, God.

***Picture used in this post is from Getty Images.


No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger