Saturday, September 18, 2010

Listen To Your Body

I went to the gym last Thursday but it was as if I just forced myself. I had a hard time doing all my workouts even if they were my routine. I felt like stopping in the middle of every workout. Of course I did not but I did lessen the number of repetitions and minutes from the usual.

I felt very sleepy. I did not feel like doing the stair stepper but I did. I just felt so tired after and not recharged as I normally feel after every exercise. Thursday for me was not a rewarding gym day. Forcing myself is different from challenging myself.

I should have listened to my body and rested instead of proceeding to the gym. For three straight days I had back to back workouts plus the fact that I did a lot of things the past days which entailed a lot of physical and mental exertion. I should know when to give it a rest.

I lack sleep for one. I only have like four to five hours of sleep the past weeks. I promised myself to get enough sleep and get back on track with my workout.

Friday was great! I was able to do my mat exercises, weights, stair stepper, challenged myself some more and continued to do the treadmill after attending an hour of body combat. I was so recharged! That was a great workout for me.

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger