Thursday, July 15, 2010

Body Balance

It's a good thing I attended body balance yesterday. I had second thoughts because the room was quite full already when I came in. The only vacant space was in the front row near the left side of the stage. I have to say I get conscious when I am in front especially in this kind of class because I am not confident with my moves.

Surprisingly I was not as conscious. I was confident of what I was doing. I just went for it. Like my motto for the past weeks now, JUST DO IT. I want to believe my self-confidence comes from the way my body is now. I have the right weight. It was easier for me to do the moves. I feel so light.

BODYBALANCE™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.


I was so refreshed after the body balance class that I came to love it again. I set this aside when I started enjoying the body pump class. I thought body balance and dynamic flow are not giving me what I need - sweat it out and lose weight. But body pump is entirely different. With body balance I feel so stretched after the session that it feels like all the negative atoms and molecules in my body were flushed.

What exactly are the benefits I get from body balance?
1.  I get to focus on what I am doing. I need to do the moves right or else I will trip.
2.  I get to stretch my limbs like there is no tomorrow, my whole body actually, which feels so refreshing.
3.  I sweat a lot. According to the Body Balance forum, women participants burn 265 calories for each session.
4.  I get to relax towards the end of the class as the last part is dedicated to being still - meditation. I have to admit sometimes I fall asleep. But it energizes me after.

I am looking forward to attending dynamic flow and body balance again.

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger