Sunday, October 21, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I went to the gym yesterday, a Saturday.  I took the opportunity of a few hours at the gym because my daughter has a tutorial class at school for two hours. And the great thing is she also wanted to go to the gym after.

I did my core exercises in the morning because I know my time at the gym after lunch won't be all mine as I will be assisting my daughter with her very first visit at the gym.  :)  I'll be talking about her gym experience in my other blog, Life Bliss.  

What I wanted to share here is how I appreciate one of the trainees at the gym.  He's new and I am guessing he is a trainee.  I am also thinking Fitness First has a new program which is more customer or client friendly.  I don't know if this is only a local (meaning just in the Philippines) customer program or it applies to FF world wide.  The shirt of the new PTs have a print which goes like they can answer questions if there's anything we (clients) need to ask. I forgot the actual print.  I'll check tomorrow.

Anyway, one trainee observed what I did using the triceps pulley.  He said I was doing it wrong. The load is too heavy for me.  I set my load at 12 kilos.  The PT said my back gives all the unnecessary push.  He asked me what I am working on.  I said I want to build upper arm muscles.  

I want toned arms and body. I need to do my exercises properly. 
He taught me the proper way to tone my arms.  

He set the load at 5 kilos.  He made me do 24 reps, 5 sets. Oh boy, yes, I felt the muscles really working.  He taught me the proper way of doing it - upper arms on my side, forearms moving up to chest level and bringing them down straight.  

Thank you. He said I'm free to ask. Oh, yes, I will. :)

Here's what I did yesterday using the triceps pulley. 

I want toned arms.

24 reps, 5 sets, triceps push down

I can't wait to reach my desired weight of 112 lb with fats and muscles in all the right places.  But patience and discipline are important ingredients in reaching my desired weight.  

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger