Saturday, June 4, 2011

Basic Abdominal Crunch

I weighed in a week or so ago and I was really happy about the results. I have maintained my statistics in the healthy range for my body type and weight but I have my personal goal that I want to maintain and sustain.

It was great to know I'm holding ground - body fat at 24%, body mass index at 22.4. This is great news for me. :) The more I am motivated to work out regularly and properly in spite of the busy work load - both at the office and at home.

The past weeks I have been browsing again on toning muscles and keeping belly fat off. I've watched a YouTube video showing basic abdominal crunches which really prove effective. I see a lot of men at the gym do this but I was thinking it might not be as effective as the reverse crunch I have been doing time and again.


But I did try the basic abdominal crunch. Weird, huh. I've been going to the gym and doing exercises for nearly three years now but I have not really tried nor paid attention to crunches. What I can tell you now is that I love it! My abdominals feel so tight and strong after every session of mat exercises especially after about 40 repetitions in 3 sets of abdominal crunches. My mid-section feels sore actually after.

I will do variations of crunches in the coming days. Now I'm doing it with feet flat on the floor, legs bent. I will try doing legs up, about 45 degree angle and about 5 to six inches from the floor.

Here's to more productive workouts!

*Picture from Getty Images.

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger