Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Do Not Overdo It

I forgot exactly when but it was sometime a week ago when I did join three intensive group exercises, one resistance training and two high-powered cardiovascular workouts. One back to back and the other one I had to wait for a few hours before the class started.

I did body pump back to back with body combat. After an hour and a half I joined RPM. I was exhilarated. I loved it!

The next few days I also stretched myself to doing two group exercises. I did body balance on one of those days to stretch my sore muscles.

But I got sick. Well not sick as in I had fever or I needed to just stay on bed. But I developed a terrible cold. It was not like how it was a week ago but I still have cold up to now.

I HAVE LEARNED THE OBVIOUS.
1. Do not overdo your exercises.
2. Change shirt and undergarment for every workout to keep the sweat off your back. My mom told me about this when I was little and even up to now. Why don't I listen.
3. Do rest if your body tells you so and even if it doesn't tell you so. There is such a thing as recovery time.
4. Do not push yourself hard in just one day. Manage your workouts such that in a week all your muscle groups have their fair share of exercises.

I did weights, RPM and core exercises yesterday. I started changing top before going to my next workout. Of course, I feel fresher and more ready to kick, box, jump. Sanitary too. Haha.

I am still not 100% free from cold, in fact I'm coughing a little today, but with enough rest, right food and drink, I'll be good before this short holiday ends.

1 comment:

Fitness Freak said...

Take care of your health, Wishing you a speedy recovery.

 
Powered by Blogger