Saturday, March 24, 2012

Abdominal Exercises at Home

Since I might not be able to go to the gym five times a week this summer because of a lot of activities lined up, I deemed it necessary to exercise at home just like I used to. I can do some abdominal exercises or other workouts at home which do not need equipment. I browsed YouTube for some relevant exercises I can do.

I fought off laziness late this afternoon to do some of these. It was raining hard and we know that if it's raining it's just great to sleep, lie down, watch television and eat. I am thankful that I conquered all these. Maybe because I had the momentum. I was able to do the things I set out to do today. I can't put off exercising.

Airbike: I have been doing this for quite some time. I stopped to avoid muscle building complacency. I'm doing it again after several months of doing other crunch workouts. It's not that easy for me but I challenge myself into doing at least 3 sets of this, 40 reps.


Alternate Heel Touches: I learned of this exercise from one of the trainers in the gym during a free coaching session. Again, I haven't done this in ages. I checked the link on exercises for love handles and this is what I got. I did this too and will continue to do so for a month.


Buttups: I started to do planks again but this afternoon was the first time I did this with buttups.


Lower Abdominal Workout: This is the first time I did this which is why my back is kind of stretched right now. It's also good for balance. I like the effect on my abdominal and my thighs while I was doing this. I felt the firmness of the muscles.


I'll be doing more starting tomorrow. I really feel good exercising.

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger