Monday, February 14, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

This is the first time after a long time that it feels like my limbs are being dismembered after a tough workout. I included a lot of different moves today in my exercise.

*I used medicine ball for a longer time for standing reverse wood chop, also for balancing seated twist. Instead of kettlebell (which my gym does not have), I used medicine ball for some swing moves for my arms.

*I did side plank.

*I followed instructions 2, 4, and 5 (not 7 as I mistakenly posted in my Facebook status), Six Moves to Six-Pack Abs.

All these on top of my usual strength training exercises. It feels good but I fell asleep as soon as I got home. Until now I still feel so stretched, lol.

Here are the exercises I tried to do from the article I mentioned above. The pictures were also lifted from that instructional.

Helicopter Honer

This is the Helicopter Honer". Looking at the weights the model is holding, I think they are only a kilo each. I used 3 kilos for each hand. I might have overdid it? But it was a recharging move. I will definitely include this in my routine for the next couple of weeks.

The Swimmer

"The Swimmer", I have been doing this for quite some time now without the ball. I squat and extend my arms back and forth.

Windmill Whittler

So far this I find a little hard because I cannot keep still resting one foot/leg on top of the ball. I know I'll get used to it and I'll be able to find the perfect balance. But compared to the first time I tried this, I did better today. I was able to do full circles for both legs.

Till my next ordeal, haha. :) Will hit the sack now as I have a very important meeting tomorrow. Good night and happy valentine's!

No comments:

 
Powered by Blogger